Four TownHall Conference Calls per year are scheduled for leaders in the STEM community. The objective of these calls is to convene thought leaders, key voices from across the stakeholder community to present perspectives from industry, government, education and non-profits working on these issues. The TownHall conference calls convene high-level decision-makers within organizations across the public, private, academic and non-profit sectors with the aim of informing and connecting stakeholders by establishing common goals and patterns of excellence.
Town Halls are being Scheduled on Results, Digital Learning, Innovation, 100 Women Leaders in STEM and Entrepreneurship in STEM. Town Halls have been held on STEM Jobs, Workforce Planning, Diversity and Women and Girls. Contact Ted.Wells@STEMconnector.org
Please register now for our upcoming Town Hall Google Hangout on the new STEMconnector® project, the STEM Higher Education Council! Leaders from the entire higher education ecosystem will share their strategies for how to best integrate STEM education into their field.
STEM Higher Education Council Leaders:
- Rob Denson, Chair of the STEM Higher Education Council and President, Des Moines Area Community College
- Martha Kanter, Senior Advisor to the STEM Higher Education Council, Former Under Secretary of Department of Education, and Professor, New York University
STEM Higher Education Council Members:
- Dr. Tim Welsh, Senior Vice President for National Industry Strategy Group, and Dr. Jane Oates, Vice President for External Affairs, Apollo Group
- Dr. Mitzi Montoya, Vice President and University Dean for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Arizona State University (Tentative)
- Dr. Richard Rhodes, President, Austin Community College
- Dr. Jim Catanzaro, President, Chattanooga State Community College
- Dr. Dean Evasius, Vice President and Director of Science Education Programs, Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU)
- Dr. Vincent Manno, Provost and Dean of Faculty, Olin College of Engineering
- Dr. Dena P. Maloney, Superintendent-President, Taft College
- Dr. Chad Womack, National STEM Director and Director UNCF-Merck Fellowship Program, United Negro College Fund
About the STEM Higher Education Council (SHEC):
SHEC's mission is to bring focused energy to Higher Education's leading high impact practices, increasing the emphasis on STEM pipeline-to-jobs (and what we call STEM 2.0). The SHEC will inventory and integrate current efforts whenever possible, building on the energy of others in support of boundary-breaking collaborations between higher education (two and four year institutions) and industry to achieve significant results that can be recognized and scaled-up.
Register now for this exciting opportunity to hear from some of the most premier thought leaders in higher education. If you have any questions, please e-mail Brian Jackson at Brian.Jackson@STEMconnector.org.
- STEM 2.0: Elevating Essential Career Capabilities for Tomorrow’s STEM Workforce | April 8, 2014
- STEM Competitions: A Closer Look | January 16, 2014
- Computer Science Education Putting Policy and Practice Together | December 12, 2013
- The Maker Movement & STEM Education: Connections and Challenges | November 20, 2013
- 100 CEO Leaders in STEM | September 25, 2013
- Field Report: STEM Schools in Action | August 20, 2013
- Promising Practices for Industry Engagement in STEM Schools | July 30, 2013
- Federal and State Resources to Support STEM Schools | July 9, 2013
- 100 Women Leaders in STEM | March 6, 2013
- Official Launch of National STEM Students & STEM Jobs Report | January 30, 2013
- EdTech Digital & Distance Learning | November 28, 2012
- STEM Results: Ensuring the Impact of Our Programs | October 2, 2012
- Workforce Planning to Fill the STEM Jobs Pipeline | May 5, 2012