Four TownHall Conference Calls per year are scheduled for leaders in the STEM community. The objective of these calls is to convene thought leaders, key voices from across the stakeholder community to present perspectives from industry, government, education and non-profits working on these issues. The TownHall conference calls convene high-level decision-makers within organizations across the public, private, academic and non-profit sectors with the aim of informing and connecting stakeholders by establishing common goals and patterns of excellence.
Town Halls are being Scheduled on Results, Digital Learning, Innovation, 100 Women Leaders in STEM and Entrepreneurship in STEM. Town Halls have been held on STEM Jobs, Workforce Planning, Diversity and Women and Girls. Contact Ted.Wells@STEMconnector.org
Internet of Things (IoT) Town Hall
The Internet connects virtually everything. Over the last decade, however, Internet connectivity has migrated to "things" in addition to computers. From cars and mobile devices to thermostats and lawn mowers to power plants and stoplights, every aspect of the world around us is connected. This phenomenon, known as the Internet of Things (IoT), will have implications for our future workforce.
This Virtual Town Hall will shed light on how industry is implementing this innovation into their business models and the implications for their workforce. The program will provide an overview of national trends followed by industry viewpoints. Viewers can watch live on YouTube and engage in a live dialogue on Google+ or on Twitter with the hashtag #STEMIoT.
Featured Speakers Include:
- Rob Atkinson, President, The Information Technology and Innovation Foundation
- Jim Shertzer, FARMserver Lead, Beck's Hybrids
- Ben Varghese, Emerging Technology Consultant, Cisco Systems
- Danny Williams, Platform Architecture Lead, Monsanto
- Earl Newsome, Corporate CIO and Vice President, Digital, TE Connectivity
- Lenworth Gordon, New Product Development Strategic Solutions, Verizon
- More to be announced!
Please join us on for an incredible conversation on the workforce implications of the rapidly developing Internet of Things!
- Solving the Equation: Women in Engineering and Technology | April 22, 2015
- Advancing a Jobs-Driven Economy | March 10, 2015
- Innovative Models in Teacher Professional Development | January 28, 2015
- State and City Strategies for Implementing Computer Science Education | December 10, 2014
- The Maker Movement: Milestones and Momentum | November 12, 2014
- Innovative Partnerships in Higher Education town Hall: A preview of the SHEC Book | June 11, 2014
- STEMconnector® ASTC Town Hall | May 14, 2014
- STEM 2.0: Elevating Essential Career Capabilities for Tomorrow’s STEM Workforce | April 8, 2014
- STEM Competitions: A Closer Look | January 16, 2014
- Computer Science Education Putting Policy and Practice Together | December 12, 2013
- The Maker Movement & STEM Education: Connections and Challenges | November 20, 2013
- 100 CEO Leaders in STEM | September 25, 2013
- Field Report: STEM Schools in Action | August 20, 2013
- Promising Practices for Industry Engagement in STEM Schools | July 30, 2013
- Federal and State Resources to Support STEM Schools | July 9, 2013
- 100 Women Leaders in STEM | March 6, 2013
- Official Launch of National STEM Students & STEM Jobs Report | January 30, 2013
- EdTech Digital & Distance Learning | November 28, 2012
- STEM Results: Ensuring the Impact of Our Programs | October 2, 2012
- Workforce Planning to Fill the STEM Jobs Pipeline | May 5, 2012