STEM Career Accelerator Day - Organization Briefing
- Apollo Education Group
- Arizona State University
- Campbell Soup
- Dassault Systemes
- Hawkeye Community College
- Johnson & Johnson
- Launch Tennessee
- Learning Blade
- Lockheed Martin
- Memphis Light, Gas and Water
- National FFA Organization
- Spark 101
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Teach for America
- University of Memphis
- Clark Construction
- Kaiser Permanente
- Lockheed Martin
- Procter & Gamble
- University of Phoenix
- UT-SW Medical Center
- USA Sci. & Engineering Fest.
STEMconnector’s® Innovation Task Force (SITF) is a group comprised of more than 30 leaders from the industry, government, education, and nonprofit sectors working on collaborative approaches to address the STEM talent pipeline. The group has agreed on a grand vision of “accelerating sustainable STEM careers and wealth through innovation science and excellence in tomorrow’s new economy.” In 2014, the group prioritized STEM 2.0™, STEM Career Accelerator Day™, and the Global Talent Summit.
About STEM Career Accelerator Day 2015 (#STEMCAD2015)
STEM Career Accelerator Day (#STEMCAD2015) is a national campaign and series of concurrent events hosted during the week of October 19-23, 2015 designed to engage and expose students, parents, and teachers to career-focused experiential learning at corporate sites, government facilities, and higher education institutions. Through #STEMCAD2015, employers and educators across the country will be hosting events that inspire 10,000+ students in grades 8-12 to pursue a career in STEM fields. While many companies around the world facilitate similar activities every year, #STEMCAD2015 is the first campaign that aims to unite these disparate efforts under a common banner through a coordinated communications platform and universal evaluation tool.
Benefits of Partnering with #STEMCAD2015
- 1. INSPIRE The Next Generation of STEM Talent - Through #STEMCAD2015, major STEM organizations welcome students (along with their parents and teachers) into major facilities to expose them to STEM careers, and excite them to pursue those careers in the future.
- 2. ENGAGE Your Employees -#STEMCAD2015 is an excellent activity to engage employees in volunteerism where they can share their STEM story and converse with students, parents, and teachers.
- 3. CONNECT with Your Community -#STEMCAD2015 is a wonderful opportunity to continue building important relationships in the local community where you operate.
- 4. SHARE Your Story -#STEMCAD2015provides companies and other organizations with an occasion to share their journey and brand with a global audience.
- 5. BECOME Part of a National Movement –Participating in #STEMCAD2015 allows organizations to become part of a global movement that strives to INSPIRE the next generation of STEM talent.
“Deloitte is proud to serve as the Chair of STEM CAD 2015! We look forward to coordinating this important campaign at the national level, as well as hosting an event unique to Deloitte. The most important attribute of STEM CAD is the ability to leverage the strengths of multiple organizations to inspire the maximum number of students toward careers in STEM.”
“PepsiCo is committed to promoting STEM education. Each of the STEM disciplines represents a crucial component of our future, both for our company and our country. STEM Career Accelerator Day will help us nurture talent sustainability and fill the jobs of tomorrow.”
Senior Vice President for R&D
“Our research has shown that career-focused experiential learning can convey a powerful understanding of how STEM careers change the world. STEM Career Accelerator Day offers students, teachers, administrators, and parents an experiential look inside some of the leading organizations that are changing the world through science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.”
President & CEO
DS Government Solutions
“Computer science and technology have the power to transform businesses and unlock amazing career and earning opportunities for our country’s youth. Innovative cross-sector efforts such as the STEM Career Accelerator Day are critical to inspire students and inform parents and educators about the rewarding potential of a STEM career…At TCS, we believe in empowering students to realize their potential, and create tomorrow’s STEM leaders today by building pathways from education to careers.”
Head of Workforce Effectiveness
Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) North America
For more information, please contact Tim.Edwards@stemconnector.org