L-3 is a prime contractor in Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C3ISR) systems, aircraft modernization and maintenance, and government services. L-3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of electronic systems used on military and commercial platforms. Its customers include the U.S. Department of Defense and its prime contractors, U.S. Government intelligence agencies, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Justice, allied foreign governments, domestic and foreign commercial customers and select other U.S. federal, state and local government agencies.
L-3 is composed of four business segments:
- Command, Control, Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C3ISR) - L-3 provides airborne and ground-based products and services for the global ISR market, networked communications systems and secure communications products for real-time situational awareness and response.
- Government Services - L-3 provides a full range of engineering, technical, enterprise information technology (IT) and cybersecurity, advisory, training, and support services to the United States military, government agencies and allied foreign governments.
- Aircraft Modernization and Maintenance (AM&M) - L-3 provides modernization, upgrades and sustainment, maintenance, and logistics support services for military and government aircraft and other platforms.
- Electronic Systems - L-3 provides a broad range of products across several business areas that includes marine and power systems, microwave and SATCOM products, displays, aviation products, training and simulation, electro-optical/infrared products and systems, warrior systems, precision engagement, security and detection systems, applied technology, telemetry and RF products, power and propulsion systems, and undersea warfare and ocean sciences products.
NACME – L-3 is a sponsor of NACME - The National Action Council for Minorities in Engineering, Inc. (NACME). L-3 Communications Corporation is a member of its Board of Directors and Curtis Brunson, L-3’s Executive Vice President of Corporate Strategy and Development, will serve as the company’s representative.
It takes incredible innovation, teamwork and an entrepreneurial spirit be L-3. L-3 was built by combining the talents and ideas of people from across the company to deliver the best solutions for its customers.
L-3's decentralized operating structure and depth of talent and capabilities sets L-3 apart from our competition. These discriminators enable it to respond quickly and decisively to customer challenges, while utilizing company-wide resources and expertise to meet their needs.
Every day, L-3 employees around the world contribute innovative ideas to expand L-3's leadership in C3ISR, Government Services, Aircraft Modernization & Maintenance and Electronic Systems. L-3 employees are its most valuable resource—the embodiment of how it delivers unparalleled service to its customers.
L-3’s focus areas for candidates include:
- Transitioning Military
- New Grads, Co-Ops
- Cybersecurity Specialists